Austin Abbey Rare Books - Store Policies
Payment Methods Accepted
We accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Check, or Money Order (U.S. money order; U.S. postal money order; personal checks in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank, or wire transfer). We do not accept American Express.
- All sales are subject to availability. Items on this website are also for sale in other venues, so there is the rare occasion that the item may be unavailable.
- Residents of Virginia must add 6% sales tax.
- Resdents of New York City must add 8.875% sales tax; all other residents of New York Sate must add the tax appropriate to their local municipality.
- Residents of Massachusetts must add 6.25% sales tax.
- Library and institutional billing requirements are accommodated.
- All items remain the property of Austin Abbey Rare Books until payment is made in full.
Shipping within the US
- Postage: $6 for the first book USPS media mail and $3 for each additional book. Oversized books may incur an additional charge.
- We will ship via UPS on request and will bill at cost.
- All packages are sent USPS International Priority or Priority Flat Rate.
- Shipping cost will be determined by size, weight and final destination.
- We will contact you with final shipping costs for your item on invoice.
- Insurance on a shipment is the responsibility of the buyer and must be requested.
- During the Pandemic, domestic shipments via USPS; international shipments via FedEx or UPS. Please inquire for available shipping methods and costs.
- Book(s) may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason providing:
- You notify Austin Abbey Rare Books before you ship the return.
- The returned book is received by Austin Abbey Rare Books in the same condition as when initially dispatched.
- Should you wish to return a book, please contact us first.
- The buyer is responsible for costs of returning the purchase. If the reason for returning the book is due to an error on our part, we will refund the purchase price, shipping costs and the costs of the return.
- Packing a book for return:
- Pack the book using the original packaging and box.
- If you did not save the original box and packing materials, then please ensure that the book is adequately protected before shipping. This means that the book should be wrapped in bubble wrap or other packaging and sealed in a box that contains adequate packing to protect the book and to keep it from moving or being crushed during shipment.
- Be sure to obtain a tracking number for the package, or the equivalent.
All items are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Items on this website are also for sale at other venues (i.e. trade shows and other bookselling sites), so there is the rare occasion where an item you want may be unavailable.